Thursday, February 26, 2009

Shoes 'N' Shine


We were in First Year. Chemistry Lab, Physics Lab, Machines Lab and Fundamentals of Computing(FOC) Lab.

If you could remember we were supposed to wear leather shoes for all the labs except FOC. We were kinda scared about the rules and wore the leather shoes regularly for quite some time, until the faculty did not mind a few defaulters. 

This one bright especially hot afternoon, we walk straight into the Chemistry lab, and our professor was seated comfortably on his seat.

There was this other loud-mouthed professor who taught the IT department, standing in the entrance of the lab, aimlessly gazing at the feets of the students who passed by him.

Students wearing sandals, slippers, heels, and other kinds of wooden feet did not catch his eye until;  I, with my flashy red slipper walked past him. I think it was the color!!. He stopped me, and lectured, "Don't you know that you have to wear leather shoes to the lab..???" "Where are you going.....to a park..???"

Then I guess, the cells of his brain resonated , 'hey there are others too in the lab without shoes.' 
So he shouted with a thud... "Everybody in the lab without shoes GETOUT" .All my poor friends who thought they escaped came back to the door, staring at my red footwear, and glaring at me....Did I have to make my fashion statement in the lab..?

A huge chunk of the class were standing out, almost 80%, except the few good ones, who follow rules whether rain or storm.

Our professor who was disturbed with our commotion tried to rescue us, but the other professor was determined to have us condemned. So our sir, picks up a paper and says.. "All of you out here, write your names in a paper....I am going to reduce marks in your internals" 

We go into our discussion mode...mumbling our apologies, but he just would'nt listen.There was this particularly hilarious lab assistant, to whom we went and said...."Sir, what do we do now..?"
and he asked us to just write the names, he said.. "He'll toss the paper away even before the period ends.." , "Just do it people..!!"

And then we write this letter, "Sir, we hearby assure you that we will always were shoes to the lab. We apologise for having forgotten this time.." 

All our names went at the bottom.

I guess we all got full marks in Chemistry internals.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment